General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] 2018.
Music Box is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy will explain how and why any personal data, will be processed. It will inform you under, the new legislation of the General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] 2018.
How your information will be stored, treated and disposed of after you have left.
It is myself, Dorothy Walker who is the data controller. You can contact me by email at email@example.com
An initial online application form is completed by parents/carers in advance of attending a class. This information is only used to contact parents/carers to give further information about the classes, to arrange initial sessions and to ensure your child is in the appropriate class for their ability.
The information collected will be limited to the following;
- Name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Child’s name and date of birth.
- Permission to take photographs on occasions during the classes which may be put on the website, but only with your consent.
- Details of any developmental/medical conditions that you choose to share.
Why I require this information;
- To ensure your child is in the correct class.
- To notify you about changes such as hall closure etc.
- To comply with Health & Safety and Safeguarding requirements.
- To notify you of occasional events and articles that may be of interest and keep you updated.
Sharing your information;
I will only share your personal data if:
- I am legally required to do so.
- I believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our group members or visitors to our groups or website.
- I have a safeguarding concern and need to contact other agencies to ensure the safety/wellbeing of you and/or your child.
- You have given your explicit consent for photos and/or videos to be shared in specific ways.
Storing your personal information
Your information is stored on a password-protected Personal Computer and basic contact details on a mobile phone, in addition to an external hard drive for back up. Some information is also stored on paper.
Music Box will only keep your information for as long as it is needed to provide you with information you have requested, for administration purposes, to comply with the law and to ensure that any requests you have made are honoured.
At Music Box all reasonable steps will be taken to protect all the information about parents/carers and children in accordance with this policy.
- Keeping paper files, memory sticks and hard drives in a locked filing cabinet when not in use.
- Using a secure firewall and anti-virus protection software on the PC.
- Music Box will never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
Unfortunately, the internet is not completely secure. At Music Box I will do my best to try to protect the security of your information however I cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
Disposing of your personal information
Information provided or collected on paper is stored securely and when no longer required, it is shredded.
Music Box will continue to store and process your information until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. Your details will then be deleted from the PC, hard drive and mobile phone.
Photos/videos for which you have given consent to be used for publicity may be kept indefinitely. However, you can of course withdraw your consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me to delete any or all your personal information.
Other important information: Social media